Hall G on October 21 in the framework of a special track for managers at the MIR forum at 14:15 will be held a session “Effective motivation”, where the expert will be Mikhail Valentinovich Molokanov, Ph.D., coach of heads of companies, honorary member of the International Association of Coaches and Coaches ICT.
What will be interesting there?
Many managers want employees to be motivated, proactive, responsible and adequate… ALWAYS! But there are no such things among non-business owners. It is impossible to find a person who is motivated always and for everything. And you can’t motivate anyone without a relatively specific situation and task.
The program “Effective Motivation” gives managers specific practical tools to motivate employees to achieve the desired result.
The predicted effect of the practice worked out in the program
- Increasing the share of tasks performed by employees on time and qualitatively.
- To the maximum use of employees’ abilities.
- Choosing the most effective leadership style for a particular employee or group of employees in a particular management situation.
- Maintaining an optimal balance between motivating employees by management and different types of power.
- Balancing clear guidance and engagement.
- Improving the professional and executive skills of employees so that they take on more and more responsibility the solution of an increasing number of tasks.
- Constructive resolution of situations of employee performance reduction.
- Increased managerial flexibility.
Topics to be worked out
- Motivation systems of “Ptolemy” and “Copernicus”. The myth of “adequate, responsible, proactive and motivated employees.” Why you need to motivate depending on the behavior of the employee, and not on his inclination (orientation) and on the psychological type.
- Four motivational focuses: drive, incentives, adequate confidence in ability and HRbrand.
- Maintaining the drive of employees of various behavioral styles. How to determine an employee’s behavioral style and what exactly motivates a particular person in an existing situation. What drives the Seekers, Initiates, Facilitators, and Constructors. How to influence a person taking into account his personal characteristics. What can bring down an employee’s drive and how to avoid it. Infection with values and emotional states. How to be more understandable and close to another, but without switching to personalities. How to establish productive interaction between employees of different behavioral styles.
- Stimulation as an instrument of power. The dangers of motivating only with the help of incentives: exhaustion, fatigue and “seduction”. Sources of power: encouragement, punishment, charisma, personal example, personal relationships, norms, expert. The motivating power of power from each source for employees of different behavioral styles. The use of incentives to motivate to achieve goals.
- Point motivation with the help of the Classic Situational Guide. How to make the task complete and the working relationship preserved. Determining the employee’s readiness zone by determining their suitability and attitude to start performing the task independently. Motivating an employee depending on their readiness zone with a Prescriptive, Training, Coaching or Designating Leadership Style. How to assess the knowledge, skills, abilities and motivation of employees. Definition the employee’s willingness to begin independently performing a specific task. Three approaches to how to become a “true leader/leader”. Guiding (orienting the employee to specific clear steps to solve the problem) and encouraging (stimulating healthy initiative of the employee and increasing his personal responsibility for the steps taken by him) the influence of the manager. What to do if the employee slows down in his development. How to act if an experienced employee sabotages the performance of tasks. Primary, secondary and avoidable leadership style of each Participant. Developing experience, skills, knowledge and increasing the motivation of the employee to a level sufficient that the manager can delegate to him 100%. Impact on an employee who has reduced performance – how to give feedback in difficult situations. How to lead in a crisis, with time crux, with the possibility of employee development, in everyday situations.
- HR-brand as a tool for motivating management of expectations. What information about the company needs to be conveyed to employees.
- 4 whales of prevention of employee resistance to change and organizational transformation.
- Formula of motivational potential of the employee.