In 1951 the toy fair changed its logo. In 1950, based on the towers of the Nuremberg city wall, a single tower was used. The new logo shows a tower on a rocking horse. This symbol is used in variations to this day.  In 1958 the range was expanded to include international exhibitors. In the course of this, the name of the fair was changed. It was now called the International Toy Fair in Nuremberg. In 1973 the toy fair moved into the newly built Nuremberg exhibition center. This increased the exhibition area from 35,000 to 52,000 m².  In 1997 the name of the fair was changed to Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair Nuremberg.
In 2009 the toy fair celebrated its 60th anniversary. 44 exhibitors were represented with a stand for the sixtieth time.   The exhibition area now covers 160,000 m². 
The term Spielwarenmesse has been a protected brand in Germany since 2013. The fair was also renamed from Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair Nürnberg to Spielwarenmesse. 
The toy fair is the world's largest trade fair for the toy industry. It takes place annually in Nuremberg and is only accessible to trade visitors from the toy industry, press representatives and invited guests. The current Bavarian Prime Minister, who is also the patron, opens the six-day trade fair at the beginning of February each year. Around 2,800 exhibitors from more than 60 countries present their innovations at the fair.  In 2014, around 76,000 specialist dealers and buyers visited the fair, 56 percent of them from abroad.  The organizer of the Spielwarenmesse is "Spielwarenmesse eG", based in Nuremberg.
[table id=148 /]