BELIEVE, MERLIN, PRIMARY WAVE, SACEM, TIKTOK, TWITCH, WARNER & MORE JOIN THE ROSTER ALONGSIDE NETFLIX, SOUNDCLOUD, DEADMAU5 & STEVE AOKI
Midem, the home of the global music community, today announces a new line-up of exclusive keynotes and a rich programme for Midem Digital Edition, built on the three pillars of Discover, Learn & Connect, hosted on the online platform, 16 – 19 November 2021.
Midem Digital Edition takes place next week, free and open to all, encompassing three key areas of focus. Discover will feature exclusive talks from leading industry figures; Learn, will see exclusive panels hosted with global perspectives; and Connect will host the Midem Artist & Label Services Forum.
From November 16th to 19th 2021, Midem Digital Edition will explore some of the key conversations that have arisen since the Pandemic, including: Identifying the New Monetisation Sources; How Catalogue can be Optimised; Today and Tomorrow’s Consumption Habits; How to Build your International Development Strategy; How to Make the Most of the DIY and Services Ecosystem. The packed programme, buzzing with exclusive insights, will welcome inspiring international speakers from industry leaders.
Midem Director, Alexander Deniot, says: “We can’t wait to host our 16,000 participants from 152 countries as the music community comes together during Midem Digital Edition, to learn, discover and connect with each other, from 16-19 November. That community and the content we share with them is our DNA and that’s why we’re so happy to be bringing exclusive sessions from the likes of Believe, Deadmau5, Merlin, Netflix, Primary Wave, SoundCloud, Spotify, Steve Aoki, TikTok, Twitch, Warner Music Group, and YouTube. Artists are the beating heart of the industry and right at the core of Midem; we’ll be celebrating the most exciting global emerging talent with the Midem Talent Exporter and looking forward to the music created during the digital Songwriting Camp. And we’re always blown away by the disruptors impressing the Midemlab jury with their brilliant music tech startups.”
Discover – Exclusive Talks from Industry Leaders
Midem Digital Edition will be the place where leaders from around the world share their vision on the future of the music business.
- A conversation between Ole Obermann, TikTok’s Global Head of Music, and Music Ally’s Paul Brindley, on how small screens create global hits, allowing for a song from anywhere and by anyone to become a viral hit.
- A conversation with Denis Ladegaillerie, Believe’s CEO and Founder, sharing his vision for Believe following the IPO, as well as for the future of the global music industry, and the key role artist and label services now have in today’s new creative economy.
- A conversation with Oana Ruxandra, Warner Music Group’s Chief Digital Officer & EVP, Business Development, joining SoundCloud’s President, Eliah Seton andChief Content and Marketing Officer, Lauren Wirtzer Seawood, to discuss artist services in the fan economy.
- A conversation with Jeremy Sirota, Merlin’s CEO, on the state of the “Independents: Leading Through Disruption” – how indies are confronting these challenges and creating more opportunities.
- A conversation between Tracy Chan, Twitch’s VP, Head of Music and Trivium’s frontman, Matt Heafy,on how artists today can create new interactive spaces and generate revenue streams in the process.
- A conversation with Justin Shukat, Primary Wave Music’s President,alongside Ashley Winton, Warner Chappell’s SVP of Creative Services, and Jarred Jermaine, Content Creator and Entrepreneur, on how music catalogues are revived and discovered today by a whole new generation of music listeners.
- A conversation between Sacem’s newCEO, Cécile Rap-Vebert, and Chief Technology Officer, Paul Cohen Scali, presenting their vision for the future of Sacem, their plans to better serve creators around the world, and the role digital will have in the process.
Learn – Exclusive Panels with Global Perspectives
Midem has designed an insightful and thought-provoking conference and content programme to help participants overcome the main challenges and harness key trends shaping the future of the international music business.
Global viewpoints will be offered by CADPA, presenting a discussion on China’s music industry status and copyright environment-related issues, including panelists from Taihe Music Group and Tencent Music Entertainment Group, while IAO will host a session on the challenges and solutions of European touring and the GECAT pass, with input from IMPALA, Live Nation and Metal band, Enslaved. Chartmetric, MIDiA Research and MRC Data will offer unique data and insights on developing an international strategy in the new creative economy.
Hitlab will explore how AI is shaking up the music industry with contributions from companies including Horus Music and Sony Corporation. A panel in association with Women in Music will open discussion around how services are facilitating a more equitable music industry, with views shared from Songtrust, TuneCore, YouTube and Stem Disintermedia. A session in association with IMPALA will focus on acting for climate and how the music sector is assuming the role of amplifying the message of climate urgency, with voices from K7!, Music Declares Emergency, Ninja Tune and Spotify.
Pollstar, alongside booming companies such as Driift, Eluvio,LIVENow, and Stage11, will discuss how the Covid pandemic, along with the global lockdown, accelerated many developments, including the world’s appetite for live-streamed content.
Connect – Midem Artist & Label Services Forum Programme
Midem Artist & Label Services Forum, the world’s first global platform for services dedicated to artists and rights-holders, will feature contributions from Spotify for Artists, Believe, Bridger, Horus Music, SoundCloud, TuneCore, Qobuz and Stem Disintermedia.
Tuesday November 16th – 14:30 CET
- TuneCore Presents: Just Went Viral: How Music gets Discovered in 2021
- Tuesday November 16th – 16:00 CET
- SoundCloud Presents: Fan-Powered Innovations – How SoundCloud’s Helping Artists Build their Careers on their Own Terms
- Wednesday November 17th – 16:00 CET
- Horus Music Presents: How to Break in Brazil through Music Services
- Thursday November 18th- 14:30 CET
- Qobuz Presents: Qobuz, a Unique Approach to Online Music
- Thursday November 18th – 16:00 CET
- Spotify for Artists Presents: Spotify for Artist Masterclass – How New Tools & Features can Help You Reach Fans Around the World
- Friday November 19th – 14:30 CET
- Believe Presents: Innovation for Independent Artists & Producers
- Friday November 19th – 16:00 CET
- Bridger Presents: Artists Direct, Streaming & Copyright – Cracking up the Black Box to Improve the Life of Creators
Midem 2021 Digital Edition
thanks its leading industry sponsors and partners, including:
A&R WORLDWIDE / ABBEY ROAD RED / BELIEVE / BRIDGER / CADPA / HITLAB / HORUS MUSIC / IAEL / IAO / IMPALA / LYRICFIND / MUSIC ALLY / PANACHE VENTURE / POLLSTAR / QOBUZ/ SACEM / STEM DISINTERMEDIA / SOUNDCLOUD / SPOTIFY / TAIWAN CREATIVE CONTENT AGENCY (TAICCA) / TUNECORE / THE LYNK / WINAMP /
WOMEN IN MUSIC
Check out the full Midem Digital Edition programme here.