Maison&Objet officially announced on March 26, 2022, at their exhibition in Paris, France, the semi-finals of the Maison&Objet China Design Award short list.
This 2nd edition of Maison&Objet China Design Award opened in September 2021, in an official event at the French Embassy in Beijing, showing their continuous support to this innovative and meaningful initiative. Over 520 design files were submitted; from 2 categories, Design Professionals and Students; and 178 design files were finally identified to enter the shortlist for semi-finals.
M&O Design Award China empowers Chinese Designs
As the official representative, Mr. Franck MILLOT, Partnership and Special event Director of Maison&Objet, expressed his sincere gratitude to the designers and to all the partners for their support towards the award. Franck reaffirmed Maison&Objet’s strong belief and commitment to international exchanges in terms of design and especially to young designers’ discovery since its establishment 26 years ago.
Maison&Objet Design Award China focuses on helping identify and largely promote Chinese designer names and design project.
During the last edition of the Maison&Objet fair, on March 26th, 2022, a round table of designers, curators and retailers, all specialists of the Chinese and European market was organized to share insights on international cross fertilization/collaboration on creative industries. The new challenges in the design sector include sustainability and craft modernization.
- Thomas DARIEL, Founder and designer, Maison Dada
- François DELCLAUX, Founder of the Nouvel Air Agency
- Ben WU, Designer, Founder of WS Group
- Chengjun FAN, Retailer and Brand curator
- Franck MILLOT, Partnerships and Special events Director, Maison&Objet
- Sonia SU, Aube Events, moderator
After the announcement of the semi-finals shortlist, international jury members of high reputation will select the finalists and gold medal winners. The winners’ celebration ceremony is scheduled for September 2022 during the next Maison&Objet exhibition in Paris, with their works displayed and largely promoted: a strong boost for their future careers.
International jury members:
- Chi Wing Lo, Designer, Architect, Founder of Dimensione Chi Wing Lo (Italy)
- Xiaojie Zhu, Designer, Founder of Opal (China)
- Thomas Dariel, Founder and lead designer of the interior design agency Dariel Studio
- Pierre Favresse, Global Design packaging director for the L’Oréal Group (France)
- Jeff Dayu Shi, Designer, Founder of DragonFly (USA)
- Ben Wu, Designer, Founder of WS Group (China)
- Rossana Orlandi, Contemporary Design Gallerist (Italy)
- Marc Partouche, Former Director of The École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Dé
- coratifs (ENSAD)(France)
- Emma Chen, Vice President of the International Organization of Folk Art (Germany)
- Mario Tsai, Designer (China)
- Yoko Choi, China Editor of Wallpaper Magazine, Design Writer and Creative
- Consultant (Netherlands)
- Isabelle Stanislas, Interior Designer (France)
Maison&Objet Design Award China is expecting to welcome more designers, brands, artists, aestheticians, design institutes, enterprises, organizations etc. to join in our community to discover more talents and build up more significant cooperation for a better world; where design plays a connecting, healing, and social inclusion role.
About Maison&Objet and Maison&Objet Design Awards China
Over 25 years, Maison&Objet, organized by SAFI (a subsidiary of Ateliers d’Art de France and RX France), has been engaging with and bringing together the international design, home decor and lifestyle communities. What is Maison&Objet trademark? Its unique ability to generate connections and accelerate business, both during trade fairs and via its digital platform, but also through its unique talent for highlighting trends that will excite and inspire the home decor world. Maison&Objet’s mission is to reveal talent, spark connections and provide inspiration, both on- and off-line, thereby helping businesses grow. Through two yearly trade fairs for industry professionals and Paris Design Week, a public event in September that brings the creative energy of designers and brands together in the City of Light, Maison&Objet is the go-to platform for the entire interior design sector.
In 2019, Maison&Objet with local partners in China, as Aube International, an event and PR company have established an international design award – Maison&Objet Design Award China in order to bring Chinese Design to the international stage and help more Chinese designers gain worldwide attention and exposure.
The award committee has been following the concept of “Explore good design, Create better life”, focusing on the rapidly developing Chinese design, discovering outstanding design talents, giving them the opportunity to showcase their talents and make connection with professionals from all over the world in this industry.