Shortly before ISPO Munich, which will take place for the first time at the end of November, the lineup of innovations for the world’s leading trade fair for sport is complete: At the last jury meeting of 2022, 57 extraordinary products and services were awarded an ISPO Award. These and many other winners of the ISPO Award 2022 can be experienced live by trade visitors and journalists in the Future Lab of ISPO Munich.
photo: Messe Müchen
“New Perspectives on Sports” is the motto of ISPO Munich 2022 from 28th to 30th. November 2022. This was also taken to heart by the sports brands that submitted their innovations to the ISPO Award in the fourth quarter: “We have rarely seen so many exceptionally innovative products at the ISPO Award, there are a lot of new perspectives,” says Christoph Beaufils, who is responsible for the ISPO Award together with Christina Rabl. “These are well thought-out innovations on a new level,” adds Christina Rabl. “We are currently experiencing an evolutionary leap both in the mindset of manufacturers and in their handling of materials and technologies.”
New level of sustainability and intelligent technologies
Specifically, the jury of specialist journalists and the consumer experts of the ISPO Collaborators Club identified the following trends, which most winners followed:
- Less compromises due to individualization and enormous flexibility
- New level of sustainability through recyclable and durable material selection
- Intelligent use of technology for more safety and well-being, including artificial intelligence
- High quality and simplicity for demanding applications
In addition, there was a large number of so-called Easy-Entry products, which make it easier for newcomers to enter the respective sport. Often the jury had to take a very close look: Because the particularly smart innovations can only be seen at second glance.
New concept of the ISPO Award integrates consumer expertise
“The fact that we were able to record significantly more submissions in the fourth quarter shows us that the new concept of the ISPO Award has proven itself with quarterly jury meetings,” Christoph Beaufils is pleased. “The participating brands were particularly appreciated by the fact that we brought the voices of sports enthusiasts to the jury with our selected Collaborators Club members,” says Christina Rabl.
ISPO Award products – sustainable, smart and individual
Some examples of excellent products:
- Heptathlon Black Technology Down Jacket by Sundance: The stylish down jacket with integrated massager is an example of the “health clothing” trend.
- Winter Ski Boot Liner from UltimatefitLiners: The first liner designed around the foot that offers significantly better biomechanical support for the skier’s foot.
- Optray sunglasses with photochromic lenses from react Switzerland: There are many photochromic sunglasses lenses. With the Shade Tronic technology in react’s sports glasses, which are only 36 grams light, the tint changes in less than 0.1 second – ideal for outdoor sports with fast light changes.
- Biodegradable winter socks from Lorpen: The first breathable socks for mountain sports in very cold temperatures, whose recycled material is completely compostable.
- Techrock Monoski Jacket & pant from adidas Terrex: A monoski jacket specially developed for monoskiers paralyzed from the hip, ideally matched to the special needs of these athletes.
- Novel snowboard from doubledeck: With this innovation, doubledeck has reinvented the snowboard – and made snowboard sport more accessible to beginners. The special construction avoids the typical warping and falling over during the first steps on the board. At the same time, cornering and carving become easier.
Award winner live at ISPO Munich 2022
A total of 95 winners of the ISPO Awards will be presented on an exhibition space in the Future Lab of ISPO Munich 2022 (28th to 30th. November, Hall B2) can be seen live. They were awarded at the four jury meetings of the year and selected from more than 300 submissions. Journalists are cordially invited to convince themselves of the innovative power of the exhibited products and to participate in the ceremonial handover of the trophies (on the second day of the fair at 2 p.m.) on the award area in the Future Lab. Here they will also have the opportunity to talk to representatives of the excellent brands.
You can also find much more information about the award-winning innovations on ISPO.com. Further information about the ISPO Group and the various platforms