The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)® announced a CES 2023® keynote panel, “Bold Solutions for a Changing World,” featuring top female investors and company founders. The conversation will explore how investments in under-represented founders are propelling innovation and having big impact on global challenges.
The Bold Solutions for a Changing World keynote conversation will illustrate how under-represented founders are innovating in a changing world and are revolutionizing healthcare, supporting families in crisis and enabling economic mobility. The Jan. 6 panel features:
- Jenny Abramson, Founder and Managing Partner, Rethink Impact (@abramsonjenny)
- Lindsay Jurist-Rosner, CEO and Co-founder, Wellthy (@LindsJR)
- Moderator: Elizabeth Gore, President and Co-founder, Hello Alice (@ElizabethGore)
“CES incubates the next big idea, connects funders to innovators, and gives the leaders driving change a platform to share how they shape a diverse and inclusive future,” said Tiffany Moore, senior vice president of political and industry affairs, CTA. “We take seriously our responsibility to lead by example, ensuring CES is open and accessible, and empowering the industry and individuals to grow.”
Diversity and inclusion is a central theme of CES 2023 and is taking the spotlight in Vegas this January. The Female Quotient is the official Equality Partner of CES, bringing its Equality Lounge® that unites a network of Fortune 500 leaders to collaborate and ignite breakthrough ideas to foster equality. Notable highlights at the show and featured on CES.tech include:
D&I Conference Programming
- AARP and CTA AgeTech Summitis a new track at CES focused on AgeTech, the growing category of technology solutions designed to meet the needs of the world’s aging population.
- AI Accessibility: Solving for Your Next Billion Customers. Learn how AI can improve lives, particularly for the more than one billion people worldwide with a disability.
- Building an Inclusive Web 3.0:This session will discuss building equitable practices into the core of Web3, from NFTs and crypto economies, to social networks and DAOs.
- Diverse Representation Plus Innovation Equals Success:How are business leaders and entrepreneurs navigating the new economic landscape and placing an emphasis on innovation?
- How to Build a Billion Dollar Network.Join Omi Bell of Black Girl Ventures, for a curated discussion on building your network as a part of building your business.
- Inclusive Technology for Long Lives, Well-lived, presented by BBC StoryWorks and CTA reframes how inclusive innovation is transforming communities, empowering all generations, and ensuring no one gets left behind.
- Investing in the Next Big Idea: Hear from the leaders transforming the face of web3, Blockchain, and cryptocurrency industries and why investing in the next generation of women and diverse entrepreneurs is a crucial part to the success of the ecosystem.
- Product Inclusion Strategies and Successes: Hear from innovators as they share their strategies for creating inclusive product solutions, from ideation to outcome.
- Reframing the Narrative: The Evolution of the Chief Diversity Officer: Hear from Chief Diversity Officers and Chief Human Resource Officers as they discuss their role in shaping company-wide diversity and inclusion strategies.
- Women in Tech Q&A: Live at CES.Join Stephanie Dismore of HP North America, as she hosts a conversation about the invaluable role women play in reshaping organizations today and in the future.
D&I Focused Events
- TheEquality Lounge @ CES presented by The Female Quotient provides networking opportunities for women and their allies from a community of doers and changemakers.
- Innovationfor All LGBTQ Meetup, sponsored by Quickplay.
- Black Girl Ventures Meetup, a CTA-hosted entrepreneurs’ reception.
- CTA and the CTA Foundationhost leading advocates from the disability community at CES for discussion, roundtables and networking.
- Women in Consumer Technologywill host the organization’s annual awards reception.
- Women and Droneswill host the 6th Annual Global Awards to celebrate women in emerging aviation technologies.
- The Women of Inforum @CESnetworking reception, hosted by Magna and Celanese.
Eureka Park, the show’s flagship marketplace for startups, supports diversity and inclusion efforts. These include:
- The CTA Foundation’s Eureka Park Accessibilitycontest selects five winners to receive a complimentary booth at Eureka Park, along with a $2500 prize.
- The Startup Stage in Eureka Park is home to the Jan. 6 CTA Foundation Pitch Competition. The winner receives a cash prize, recognition and is featured as part of Established’s Startup of the Year Podcast.
- Now in its third year, CTA’s Innovation for All Startup Experience, awards ten startups led by women and other underrepresented entrepreneurs a travel stipend and booth space in Eureka Park. The program gives selected entrepreneurs an opportunity to network with investors, media and potential partners.
Many CES exhibitors are working to diversify their workforces, making diversity and inclusion a business imperative. CTA initiatives beyond CES include:
- CES 2023 will amplify CTA’s continued $10 million commitmentto investing in venture firms and funds that support women- and diverse-led stakeholder funds backing women and startups. CTA has invested in eight venture funds that model passion and commitment to ensuring that the next great idea is empowered to change the world.
- CES features a Future of Worktrack and CTA supports employer-led strategies and regulatory approaches that help address the nation’s skills gap. CTA leads a 21st Century Workforce Council, the CTA Apprenticeship Coalition and conducts an annual Future of Work Survey.
Learn more about diversity and inclusion on CES.tech.
Owned and produced by CTA, CES 2023 will take place in Las Vegas on Jan. 5-8, 2023, with Media Days taking place Jan. 3-4, 2023. Attendees will experience new technologies from global brands, hear about the future of technology from thought leaders and collaborate face-to-face with other attendees. The show will highlight how innovations in sustainability, transportation and mobility, digital health, the metaverse and more are addressing the world’s greatest challenges. Audiences will hear from industry experts during live keynotes, including leaders from John Deere, AMD, BMW, Delta Air Lines and Stellantis. Visit CES.tech for all CES 2023 updates, registration details, and the media page for all press resources.