SURFACES | StonExpo | TileExpo will be an entire pavilion dedicated to the best hand-made rugs the world has to offer. COVER Magazine will host COVER Connect Las Vegas, a boutique trade show on the SURFACES show floor, with nine of the industry’s top brands: Design Materials Inc., French Accents, Kirkit, Knots Rugs, Pampas Leather, Samad, Stark Studio Rugs, Tamarian, and Tibet Rug Company. Attendees will find them conveniently located together in adjacent booths in Hall F on the SURFACES show floor. Industry buyers and sourcing professionals can register for a free exhibits pass to visit COVER Connect brands in-person in Las Vegas or a free pass to the hybrid TISE Live Virtual Event | Vegas Edition 2023 to source them virtually by registering here.
“Rugs are really booming in terms of development and design … they are not just the standard rectangle with a border anymore, they may have rounded edges, they come in unusual shapes. Often, multiple textures, materials and weaving techniques are used in one rug, and they can be bespoke as well. The custom factor is a really important element; rugs are the perfect platform for individuals and interior designers to express their personal style,” observed Rachel Meek, project manager for COVER Connect and assistant editor at COVER magazine, published quarterly by UK-based Hali Publications, Ltd.
What will the visitor to COVER Connect Las Vegas see? Here’s a quick look.
- Design Materials Inc. (Kansas City, KS) is all about custom style and is an importer, distributor and workshop focused on flatwoven wool and sisal rugs.
- French Accents (New York, NY) is leader in the hand-knotted rug industry for over two decades. Its mission is to create meaningful rugs that transcend time and trends.
- Kirkit (Istanbul, Turkey) produces some of the most innovative handmade designs to come out of Turkey today. It sets an example there, with an incredible policy toward the working conditions and social care of its weavers.
- Knots Rugs (London, England) with award-winning designs and artist collaborations ranging stylistically from abstract expressionism, art deco, antique Persian, and minimalist flair.
- Pampas Leather (Plantation, FL) offers a wide range of rare and beautiful cowhides from the Argentinian Pampas directly to the buyer.
- Samad (East Rutherford, NJ) Their creative process pays homage to the ancient art of rug making, producing decorative carpets defined by exceptional quality and enduring style.
- Stark Studio Rugs (New York, NY) Stark is a premier design industry partner for luxuryresidential and hospitality projects. A go-to brand for design industry professionals.
- Tamarian¬ (Baltimore, MD) Tamarian continues to be the largest importer of Tibetan rugs to the US through maintaining a commitment to integrity and beauty in the high-end market.
- Tibet Rug Company (Salt Lake City, UT) combines the ancient art of Tibetan hand-knotted carpets with original, contemporary design to create an evolving collection of rugs.
- “I think area rugs as a whole are ever more important in interiors. Over the past few years, people have been redefining their spaces and how they use them, particularly at home,” said Meek. “The potential variations are limitless.”
COVER Connect Las Vegas will be at SURFACES in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas, January 31–February 2, 2023.
Complimentary tickets to The International Surface Event (TISE): SURFACES | StonExpo | TileExpo are available exclusively to COVER Connect Las Vegas attendees via www.thecoverconnect.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL SURFACE EVENT
The International Surface Event (TISE): SURFACES | StonExpo | TileExpo has served nearly 30 years as an industry marketplace for floorcovering, stone, and tile businesses to come together, seek products and services, build relationships, and develop their businesses. For more information, please visit www.intlsurfaceevent.com. To view the sponsors of TISE, visit the industry association page on the event website.
ABOUT INFORMA MARKETS
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. We provide marketplace participants around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, targeted digital services and actionable data solutions. We connect buyers and sellers across more than a dozen global verticals, including Pharmaceuticals, Food, Medical Technology and Infrastructure. As the world’s leading market-making company, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. For more information, please visit www.informamarkets.com.