The Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) was founded in 1949 to establish a national community for operating room nurses who sought to share best practices for patients undergoing surgery. Today, they unite and empower perioperative nurses, healthcare organizations, and industry partners to support safe surgery for every patient, every time.
You’ll find AORN resources used in every hospital and ambulatory center across the country, including:
- The evidence-based Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
- Perioperative staff education
- Career and leadership development guidance
- Facility and health system solutions
The AORN Organization of Companies
AORN includes a family of organizations dedicated to supporting nurses and surgical teams in providing evidence-based, quality care.
- AORN Foundation
- Pfiedler Education
- AORN Syntegrity®
- Outpatient Surgery Magazine and OR Excellence